Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2nd Art Journal

Here is my second Art Journal. Dare to Dream. I was actually inspired by the Tim Holtz stamp and what it said. "in dreams we catch glimpses of life larger than our own" How true is that? When creating this Art Journal I thought about how whimsical my dreams can be sometimes. Not sure if my dreams are whimsical due to my creativity, but my dreams can be very Willy Wonka-esque! The birds signify flying, as I fly in some of my dreams. Hearts and polka dots appear here again. I didn't realize that I had repeated these shapes. I wonder what they mean to me?

Here, I started with gesso and covered the whole page. Masking tape was used to hold the two pages together.  I painted with blue acrylic pain and accented with gold paint. Dark blue water color pencil was used to add shadow around the page. A plastic mesh pattern was used to apply coral colored acrylic to the edges. The flowers were cut from an old photography book and the hearts were hand cut by me. The birds are embellishments that I bought at M's a long time ago. The whole page was misted with gold spray. The stamp again, TH and the Dare to Dream is inkadoodle alphabet stamps. Hope you enjoy this Art Journal.

Thank for reading!

Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment